Number of students under my current and past supervison
Master students (on-going)
- Committee member M.Sc., Mohamed Helmi bin Shari, “Efficiency of plant nutrient uptake through deep placement fertilizer application on mature Theobroma cacao”, 2018-
PhD students (on-going)
- Chairperson Ph.D., Yong Farmanta, “Rainwater harvesting as a soil water conservation method in oil palm plantations”, 2018-
- Chairperson Ph.D., Cheah See Siang, “Modelling oil palm growth and yield”, 2017-
- Chairperson Ph.D., Husam Hasan Abdulaali Al-Shaheen, “Optimal size of silt pits for different soils, slope steepness, and rainfall intensities”, 2015-
- Chairperson Ph.D., Mohd. Amir Zunnasri Mohd. Noor, “Mucuna bracteata as a potential resource under oil palm”, 2015-
- Committee member Ph.D., Hamidreza Ahmadzadeh Araji, “Assessment of climate change impacts on crop production considering uncertainty of AOGCM models”, 2014-
- Committee member Ph.D., Ilu S. Dzarma, “Effect of arbuscular mycorrhiza on three varieties of aerobic rice under water stressed conditions”, 2016-
- Committee member Ph.D., Jamal S.A. Belkasem, “Land use changes and their impacts on soil quality using remote sensing techniques”, 2015-
- Committee member Ph.D., Vijiandran Juva Rajah, "Assessment of nutrient losses and fertiliser efficiency on matured oil palm", 2012-
Graduated Master and PhD students
- Chairperson M.Sc., Safiyanu Hashim Abubakar, “Tropical peat subsidence, nutrient losses and oil palm seedling growth due to different water table depths”, 2015-18 (graduated).
- Chairperson Master of Land Resource Management (coursework), Ibrahim Abdullahi Ahmed, “Mitigation of land degradation in Somalia by adapting methods from Malaysia and China”, 2017-18 (completed).
- Chairperson Master of Land Resource Management (by coursework), Mohd. Azlan bin Mohd. Radzi, "Solar energy in Malaysia: The implementation of Malaysian building photovoltaic (MBIPV) for electricity generation”, 2017-18 (completed).
- Chairperson Master of Land Resource Management (by coursework), Muhamad Shah bin Osmin, "Comparative study on low carbon city initiatives: Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia vs Shenzen, China”, 2017-18 (completed).
- Committee member Ph.D., Muhammad Edwin Syahputra, "Water dynamics and ground water quality assessment in an oil palm ecosystem", 2010-16 (graduated).
- Chairperson M.Sc., Abba Nabayi, “Influence of seedling establishment techniques and irrigation systems on growth, water use efficiency and nutrient content of rubber (Hevea brasiliensis Müll. Arg.)”, 2015-16 (graduated).
- Chairperson PhD, Mohsen Bohluli, “The effectiveness of silt pit as a soil, water and nutrient conservation method in a non-terraced oil palm plantation”, 2010-15 (graduated).
- Committee member M.Sc., Mohamed Abdirahman Sh. Muhumed, "Effects of soil moisture content and fertilizer source on growth and yield of sweet corn", 2012-14 (graduated).
- Chairperson M.Sc., Khairun Nisa binti Kamarudin, “Modelling nitrogen and water stress effects on the growth and yield of choy sum (Brassica chinensis var. parachinensis [Bailey])”, 2010-14 (graduated).
- Chairperson M.Sc., Chong Siam Yee, “Development of simple equations to estimate net rainfall under closed tree canopies”, 2010-13 (graduated).
- Chairperson Ph.D., Abdal Shahrivar, “Effects of topographical factors and soil characteristics on gully properties in Kohgiloye and Boyer Ahmad provinces, Iran”, 2008-13 (graduated).
- Chairperson Ph.D., Hassan Mokhtarpour, “Impact of planting date and density on growth of maize in northern Iran”, 2008-11 (graduated).
- Chairperson Ph.D., Abolfath Moradidalini, “Effects of different soil and water conservation practices on soil physical and chemical properties in a non-terraced oil palm plantation”, 2009-12 (graduated).
- Committee member Ph.D., Alagie Bah, “Nutrient loss in runoff and growth response of immature oil palm following application of controlled-release fertilizers”, 2011-15 (graduated).
- Committee member Ph.D., Hadi Memarian Khalil Abad, “Analyzing and modeling an urbanizing tropical watershed for sustainable land use planning”, 2011-13 (graduated).
- Committee member PhD, Chen Ying Mah, "Microclimate modelling of Mesua ferrea l., Mimusops elengi l. and Peltophorum pterocarpum (DC.) K. Heyne in Universiti Putra Malaysia", 2010-15 (graduated).
- Committee member Ph.D., Abdul-Moa’amen Hamood Abdul-Wahid Aldeen, “Bioeconomic evaluation of agroforestry practices in the mountainous region of Rimaa'a Valley, Yemen”, 2007-09 (graduated).
- Committee member M.Sc., Totok Suswanto, “A decision support system for rice cultivation on an acid sulfate soil”, 2003-05 (graduated).
- Committee member Ph.D., S.M. Bockari-Gevao, “A systems approach to efficient field machinery utilization for lowland rice production in Malaysia”, 2002-05 (graduated).
- Committee member Ph.D., Mohamadu Boyie Jalloh, “A simulation study: A model of light interception & utilisation by rubber-banana-pineapple hedgerow-intercropping system (SURHIS)”, 2001-03 (graduated).
- Dr. Syaharuddin Zaibon, Dept. of Land Management, Faculty of Agriculture, Uni. Putra Malaysia; 2018.
- Dr. Ali Tan Kee Zuan, Dept. of Land Management, Faculty of Agriculture, Uni. Putra Malaysia; 2016-17.
- Dr. Ali Houssien Ali Baraka, College of Agriculture, Sebha University, Libya; 2009.
- Dr. Adrinal, Post-doctoral Fellow Scheme Program, Human Resource Development (Science & Technology), Ministry of Science, Technology and Environment (MOSTE) of Malaysia; 2004.
Undergraduates (Final Year Project)
- Abdul Azim bin Mohd Zikri, “Effectiveness of washed rice water to increase the growth and yield of a vegetable crop”, 2018.
- Syuhaibah Solehah Azha, “Use of washed rice water as a fertilizer”, 2017.
- Husna Mohamad, “Prevention of fungi growth in the wick irrigation system using vinegar (acetic acid)”, 2016.
- Nur Atirah binti Alway, “Prevention of fungi growth in the wick irrigation system using sodium hypochlorite (NaOCl)”, 2016.
- Muhammad Akmal bin Jamsari, “Prevention of mold growth in the wick irrigation system”, 2015.
- Ahmad Syamim bin Mohamad Kamal Saupi, “Rubber (Hevea brasiliensis) seedlings: Nutrient leaching and water loss under three irrigation systems”, 2014.
- Akmal Hafiz bin Jaafar, “Water and nutrient losses in three irrigation systems under a rainshelter”, 2014.
- Mohd. Syarbani bin Isnar, “Growth and yield of kangkung (Ipomeae reptans) in three irrigation systems under a rainshelter”, 2014.
- Nurul Hidayah binti Ismail, “Effects of pulverized oil palm trunk mulch on the soil chemical properties after nearly two years”, 2014.
- Muhammad Taqwan bin Kamaruddin, “Decomposition rate of pulverized oil palm trunk mulch”, 2013.
- Siti Hawa Zainal, “One-year effect of pulverized oil palm trunk mulch on the soil chemical properties”, 2013.
- Wan Nurul Ain binti Wan Embong, “The effects of pulverized oil palm trunk mulch on the soil chemical properties”, 2013.
- Nur Farahin binti Ismail, “Spatial and temporal change in soil water profile in an oil palm plantation”, 2012.
- Mohd. Faiz bin Sallehi, “Effects of silt pit dimensions on aggregate breakdown rate and it factors”, 2011.
- Noorafizah binti Dzahir, “Relationship between microorganisms population and organic carbon on soil aggregation and aggregate stability”, 2011.
- Nor Fatin binti Mohd Ideris, “Effects of silt pit dimensions on aggregate stability and it factors”, 2010.
- Siti Nur Awang Markam, “Calibration of mini-disc inflitrometer with the double ring inflitrometer”, 2010.
- Lee Ying Ping, “Soil erodibility due to different conservation methods on a sloping land in oil palm estate”, 2009.
- Muhammad Taufiq Jamaludin, “Soil physical and chemical changes in an oil palm estate due to different soil and nutrient conservation methods”, 2009.
- Nurul Hasanah binti Ishak, “Chemical changes in the decomposition of EFB and Ecomat in an oil palm estate”, 2009.
- Hartina binti Haris, “Physical changes in the decomposition of EFB and Ecomat in an oil palm estate”, 2008.
- Siti Junaidah binti Muhammad Sairi, “Soil hydraulic conductivity under different soil conservation practices in an oil palm estate”, 2008.
- Evelyn Edward, “Modelling the growth of Brassica spp. grown with different levels of N fertilization”, 2007.
- Khairun Nisa binti Kamarudin, “Physical changes in the decomposition of EFB and Ecomat in an oil palm estate”, 2007.
- Khong Chee Leong, “Empty fruit bunches and Ecomat water conservation practices in an oil palm estate: Modelling the soil water profile”, 2006.
- Mohd. Haidhar bin Abdul Hamid, “Changes in the soil physical and chemical properties due to different soil and water conservation practices in an oil palm estate”, 2006.